Laura Van Gilder of Twenty-Twenty C3 sprints out of the saddle to claim her third Bike Jam title during the Bike Jam/Kelly Cup at Patterson Park in Baltimore, MD on Sunday, March 23, 2010. Alan P. Santos/DC Sports Box
BALTIMORE, MD - The threatening skies looming above Baltimore did not damper the spirited crowd and racers alike during the annual Bike Jam/Kelly Cup held in Patterson Park.
Bike Jam is one of the largest cycling festivities in the Mid-Atlantic region. The daylong cycling festival had everything for the young and old including recreational bike ride, cycling stunt show, bike/health expo, food and live music. The event also gave away free bike helmets at the Kid’s Pavilion.
Bike Jam's main event of the day is the Men’s Pro Race, which took place after the kid’s fun race.
The challenging course loops for one-mile around Patterson Park with the Men’s pro field completing 35 laps and the Women's pro field completing 20 laps. With high-speed corners and fast flats, the racers had plenty to contend with as they loop around the historic Patterson Park.
The top riders kept the field intact for most of the race but in the end United Healthcare’s Luke Keough and Eric Barlevav outsprinted the field for the top two spots with Luca Damiani of Team Kenda finishing third.
In the Women’s Pro Race, Laura Van Gilder rein supreme as she took her third Bike Jam title. MEN'S PRO RACE - FINAL RESULTS
1. Luke Keough (UnitedHealthcare Professional Cycling Team presented by Maxxis)
2. Eric Barlevav (UnitedHealthcare Professional Cycling Team presented by Maxxis)
3. Luca Damiani (Kenda p/b Geargrinder)
4. Ignacio Silva (Trek-Livestrong)
5. Shane Kline (BISSELL Pro Cycling)
6. Daniel Bowman (Kelly Benefit Strategies Pro Cycling)
7. William Elliston (Van Dessel Factory Team)
8. Keck Baker (Battley Harley-Davidson/Sonoma)
9.Brian Butts (Battley Harley-Davidson/Sonoma)
10. Jermaine Burrowes (CRCA / Dave Jordan Coaching - Z)
11. Michael Chauner (Pelotonia Cycling Team p/b roll)