Gaza officials say dozens killed in Israeli attack on refugee camp in Rafah | Foreign countries

According to Palestinian sources, the tents where the refugees lived in the Tal al-Sultan camp caught fire after the Israeli attacks.

In a file photo, a cloud of smoke from the bombing of Rafah in the Gaza Strip earlier this month. Photo: AFP

Dozens of people have been killed and dozens injured in Israeli airstrikes in Gaza’s Rafah, Gaza officials said. The government’s media office, led by the militant group Hamas, says at least 35 people may have died.

According to rescue officials, Israel carried out attacks on a camp located in the western parts of the city, which was intended to protect people who had fled their homes.

According to the source, the tents where the refugees lived in the Tal al-Sultan camp caught fire after the Israeli attacks.

– Airstrikes set fire to tents, melted tents and bodies of people, said a resident at a Kuwaiti hospital in Rafah, Reuters news agency reported.

Among others, a news channel CNN An image of a large fire in the area, provided by Reuters, was published on its X News Service account.

Israel’s military says it struck an area of ​​”significant Hamas terrorist activity”. The military also notes that attacks on refugee camps have caused fires and casualties. Israel said it has launched an investigation into the incident.

Earlier on Sunday, Hamas’ armed wing said it launched a large-scale missile attack on the Israeli city of Tel Aviv. According to Israel, Hamas fired eight rockets from the Rafah area. Israel’s air defense intercepted Hamas rockets, the military said.

See also  The dog sled and its rider fell into the snow in Kemijärvi | Lapland

It was the first aerial warning in Tel Aviv in months.

On Friday, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ordered Israel to stop its attack on Rafah.

The court justified its decision by saying that the situation in Rafah had worsened and could now be described as catastrophic. Nearly 800,000 people have been forced to flee Rafah since the Israeli offensive.

As expected, Israel rejected the ICJ’s decision and said it was acting in Gaza in accordance with the rules of international law.

Source: Reuters, AFP, AP

Message updated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *