Jussi Halla-Aho's adult daughters were spotted at his election watch party.
Basic Finns' presidential candidate Jussi Halla-Ahon52, family spotted at his polling booth on Sunday, January 28. This is a rare situation as Halla-Aho's family is not seen in public very often.
Halla-Aho had a wife, a doctor of philosophy Hillen, with two sons and two daughters. Daughters came Hilma21, and Gert20, they posed with their father in press photos.
The daughters expressed their mood in their father's election monitors to Iltaleht.
– I have been following a lot of the campaign and it was very exciting, Gertu said.
Both said they voted for their father in the election. In the end, the father did not make it to the second round, but the daughters were not upset.
– There was a good atmosphere from the beginning. The result is still good. Hilma opined that you can be satisfied with that.
– I agree with Hilma, we are on the winning side anyway, Gertu added.
The siblings also revealed that they are like their father when it comes to politics.
– There are some differences of opinion, but the main lines are the same. Some people were talking at the dinner table, but there was no argument, Hilma said.
– No big arguments, Kertu confirmed.
Halla-Aho also has a fifth child out of wedlock. The matter became public in May 2017 when the child's mother posted a picture of the child and Halla-Aho on her Facebook account. Then the politician confirmed the information. The joint child of Halla-Aho and the secret lover was born in 2015.
Halla-Aho finished third in the first round of the presidential election. They proceed to the second phase of the election Alexander Stubb And Becca Havisto. However, Halla-Aho achieved the best result in the history of basic Finns in presidential elections by a clear margin.