In the US, former President Donald Trump, who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, said in the election that he would “encourage” Russia to attack countries that are members of the military alliance NATO that do not meet its economic obligations.
Speaking at a rally in South Carolina on Saturday, Trump described a conversation he had with another head of state at a NATO meeting, which he did not specify the time or place.
– The president of a great country stood up and said: “Listen, sir, if we don't pay, if Russia attacks us, will you protect us?”. Me: “You haven't paid, you can't pay?”.
– No, I won't protect you. In fact, I would encourage them (Russia) to do whatever they want. You've got to pay, you've got to pay the bills, the former president said.
The White House says Trump's comments were “deliberate.”
– Inciting murderous regimes to attack our closest allies is despicable and insane, White House spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement.
– Instead of provoking wars and promoting chaos, President (Joe) Biden continues to strengthen America's leadership, Bates continued.
“Animals don't let fools lead”
Immigrants and his opponent, former US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley, shared in Trump's fury during the election.
Trump's latest campaign promises include building a wall along the US-Mexico border. In South Carolina, the former president threatened to deport immigrants.
– On my first day, I will end every order of the Biden administration to keep the border open. After that, we will begin the largest deportation operation in American history. We have no choice.
Trump has repeatedly wondered where his partner Haley's husband is. Haley's husband, Michael, is away on the campaign trail as he is on a year-long military assignment in Djibouti in the Horn of Africa.
– Where is her husband? Oh, he's gone. Absent. What happened to him, Trump asked, taking dramatic pauses at the same time.
Haley was quick to respond on social media.
– Michael serves our country, but you know nothing about it. “Someone who repeatedly insults veterans and their families has no business being the commander in chief of the military,” Haley said. News service on X.
On the other hand, Michael Haley responded News service on X With wolf photo.
– Difference between humans and animals? Beasts never let the dumb lead the pack.